Page One of Shyanne, the Blue Cow and Friends
as Seen and Heard with KidsVoyager
- If the mouse is aimed at the paragraph beginning "In the flower shop", that paragraph will be spoken out loud.
Same for the other paragraphs.
- If the mouse is placed over the back button, forward button, or quit button,
"Back Up", "Continue", or "Quit" will be spoken.
- If the mouse is clicked on any word, that word will be spoken.
- If any selection is "selected", that selection will be spoken.
- If the "Speak" button from the menu bar is pressed, the entire web page will be spoken;
which, in this case, is also one page of the story. The "Speak" button will also change
to a "Stop" button.
- If the yellow speaker icon is clicked, the related text will be narrated (which, in this case, is also
the first page of the story.)
- In general, if the mouse is aimed at any paragraph, link, italicized word, bold word, caption, heading, etc., it
will be spoken; and if the mouse is aimed away, the speaking will stop. This enables children to browse the web
the way it was meant to be browsed.
- If the mouse is accidentally aimed away while a paragraph is being spoken, simply clicking on the background
will cause the narration to pick up where it left off.